Yesterday marked four months of awesomeness with Ophelia. In honor of that, I present four lists of four things about Ophelia.
Four Things Ophelia Likes
- Watching the toilet flush – she waits outside the bathroom and then I open the door for her and she rushes in to watch
- Hot dogs
- Sleeping deep in the closet, behind the laundry hamper
- “Burying” her treasures (bones, toys, balls) in my bed
Four Things Ophelia Hates
- Running and/or screaming children
- Getting a bath
Four Tricks Ophelia Can Do
- High five
- Wave bye-bye
- Play dead
Four Favorite Ophelia Moments
- She used to hate my friend Ali (cause he’s a guy, and she’s afraid of men), but he took her for an hour-long walk, just the two of them, and now she loves him so much that she sometimes just sits there gazing at him longingly when he comes over.
- Ophelia likes to chase squirrels and will even try to climb trees to do so. I don’t know how she did it, but once she managed to jump/climb about two feet up a tree – but she still didn’t even get close to catching a squirrel.
- The first time Ophelia met her cousin Harvey (my brother’s dog), who is a big goofy dog probably about twice her size, they “argued” over turkey and she scared him so much that he wet himself and now whenever he sees her, he turns around and runs the other way.
- We were working with the trainer outside at twilight and the trainer and I were talking about something. We noticed that Ophelia was gazing intently up at the sky, and we both looked up at the same moment and saw that she was staring at the moon.